Relocation Strategies was retained to execute the move of the North American headquarters of Morinaga, the manufacturer of Hi-Chew candy. Morinaga had a very short timeframe from lease execution to its move. In addition to needing additional parts to accommodate a reconfigured modular workstation layout, the company faced a situation in which its current Internet services provider was not going to be able to arrange a sufficient fiber line for data and telecom services for at least three months after Morinaga’s move date. Relocation Strategies performed an analysis of the company’s ISP contract, and arranged the services of a new provider that not only established service ahead of the move date, but generated savings to offset the maximum potential termination fee in less than four months.
Relocation Strategies was responsible for space planning, new furniture purchases, modular reconfiguration and parts purchases, move training and the sourcing and management of movers, low-voltage cable installation and access systems. As part of the modular reconfiguration, Relocation Strategies sourced an approved installer that executed the reconfiguration at a fraction of the cost quoted by the parts supplier.
Scope of Services
- Space Planning
- Risk Assessment
- Furniture Procurement
- Modular Workstation Reconfiguration
- Data/telecom Switchover
- Low-Voltage Cabling and Access System
- Project Schedule and Coordination
- Vendor Selection, Management and Payment
- On-site Project Management
- 25 Employees
- 6,000 sq. ft.
- Space planning to create additional areas for personnel growth and increased filing capacity
- avoided potential interruption to data and telecommunication services